My baby girl and her husband.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Anticipation!

  Beth and the baby both are doing fine. Ben's internship is going well.  It seems like such a long time since we first found out.  Now we are just waiting to find out if the baby is a boy or girl.  On February 16th Beth is going to have an ultrasound and if the baby cooperates we will know.
  It's funny to see everyone's opinion on what they want the baby to be.  Beth wants a boy but thinks the baby is a girl.  Either way she says she won't be upset.  Ben wants a boy.  He calls the baby 'he' and corrects anyone who says 'she'.  Beth expressed a little concern about Ben being disappoinated if the baby is a girl.  I told Beth that he will have plenty of time to get used to the idea before the baby is born.  Besides, when a little girl is born she holds up her little finger in the delivery room and the father wraps himself around it.  Brad wants the baby to be a boy.  He says he won't have as much in common with a girl.  Beth says if the baby is a boy he will never spend a second alone with Uncle Brad.  She can just imagine Brad teaching  his nephew to fart, burb and be generally gross.  Grandpa Steve hasn't really said anything one way or the other.  He did say because both Ben and Beth wanted a boy, the baby will probably be a girl.  As for me, my vote is for healthy.  It's more fun to shop for a girl but I find myself gravitatating toward the boy section is stores.  That's probably because that's want Ben and Beth want.  Either way, I already love this baby.
  Now for the name.  Ben and Beth have chosen names but they are not telling what they are.  There are two reasons for that.  First, they don't want the name to be judged.  People will say, "You don't want to name a baby that!"  Another reason is because they might change their minds before the baby is born.  Beth said her sister-in-law told everybody one name and then decided on another just before the baby was born.  Someone had already got or made the baby a personalized item.  Just recently she said she and Ben had doubts about the name they chose for a girl.  Again I really don't care.  That is a decision that should be made by the parents and unless asked to help, other people should keep their opinions to themselves.  I do know that the name will not be very common, like John or Mary.  I think it will be a little unusual but not way out there, like Dweezil or Moon Unit.  The only reason I would say anything is if they name their child something really redicilous, like Ima Pig or Harry Pits.  Just about anything will go with their last name, Crostreet.  At one time Beth said she thought it sounded a little American Indian.  She said they could name a child 'Running Bear Crostreet'.  I thought that was hilerious.  It would be a good name for a dog.  I have chosen to refere to the baby as Percivile or Whilamina. 
  If my grandchild reads this some day I want to make this very clear:  It doesn't make any difference if you are a boy or a girl or what your name is.  You are loved because of who you are.  I promise we will all be thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment